Aced My Calculating Percentages Test!

One of the things that I’m currently proud of is the 95 that I earned on my Calculating Percentages test.  

This is a pretty important accomplishment for me mostly because I wasn’t all that sure that calculating percentages mattered, so I wasn’t putting a whole lot of effort into learning how to do it.  But when I was out at dinner with my dad, I saw him calculating percentages so he could figure out how much of a tip to leave for our waiter.  

That made me interested and I started practicing with calculating percentages everywhere that I go.  


What I’m proudest of is that I actually know why multiplying by a decimal makes sense when calculating percentages.  That means that not only can I answer questions about the process of calculating percentages, I know WHY that process works.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Science Midyear Benchmark

Third Week of Pure Digital Awesomeness